Care Line Telephone Befriending Scheme
Age Concern Chesterfield & District has set up a Care Line telephone support service to target Older People who experience some social isolation in the community.
On this page:
What is Care Line?
Care Line is a community based telephone befriending service which provides a link to a rained volunteer up to three times a week.
This FREE service is for Older People who are socially isolated or lonely.
Care Line offers a friendly chat with someone who can summon help if it is required. Wherever possible we link service users with volunteers who share similar interests in the hope friendships can be formed.
Care Line can also be a way of helping an Older Person in a crisis e.g. someone recently bereaved, feeling depressed and unsure about the future, by giving emotional support during our Care Line involvement.
How Care Line can help you.
We are committed to making a difference to Older People’s lives, especially those who live alone and don’t have relatives or friends popping in to see them on a regular basis.
- Our service can support elderly people with problems they encounter by assisting them to find solutions.
- We can provide a friendly phone call up to three times a week from one of our team of committed volunteers. This can make all the difference to an Older Person who may be feeling lonely and isolated.
- The Care Line Co-ordinator or volunteer can also direct the Older Person and their carers to reliable sources of up to date information and advice on a variety of topics e.g. welfare benefits and care in the community.
- Referrals can be made by anyone e.g. Older Person, their family, friends, carers and health professionals.
How we work
- We do not charge for our services.
- We do not disclose personal information other than with your permission.
- All conversations are conducted in private.
- We can take action on your behalf if you wish us to do so.
- We can tackle any discrimination or prejudice that you may be facing.
- Your interests are our number one priority.
- Even if we can’t help you we can point you in the direction of someone who can.
Care Line Operates
Monday to Friday Between 10 am and 1 pm.
Our address is:
Age Concern Chesterfield & District
87 New Square, Chesterfield S40 1AH
Tel: (01246) 273333